As we have already said, the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is an international certificate that demonstrates a person’s command of English. Did you know that it is the English exam with the most coverage abroad just like the SAT exam (sat สอบ which is the term in Thai)?
More than 140 countries globally (there are 196) have established IELTS as an indicator of proficiency in this language. And it is that, in addition to its popularity, it is designed to evaluate the linguistic performance of a person in study or work contexts.
For this reason, more than 10,000 organizations accept IELTS as a certificate of English proficiency. Now, we are going to see the different types of IELTS that exist.
Types Of IELTS
Now that you know what IELTS is, it is time for you to know its types. Depending on your goals and what you want to do, for example, study in New Zealand or live in Australia, you will need to submit one or the other. So that you do not get confused, pay attention and take note.
What Is The IELTS Academic?
It is the IELTS that is focused on the educational context. This exam will assess whether you are ready to study in an English-speaking country. It is recommended to do so when:
- You are going to do a postgraduate degree anywhere in the world.
- You want to apply for a level 4 visa to study at a UK University.
- You are going to work in a company where mainly English is spoken.
- What is the IELTS General Training?
This type of IELTS measures how you interact in social and work contexts. It is ideal if you are going to:
- Apply for a job in your country and want to improve your resume.
- Immigrate to an English-speaking country.
- Educate yourself at the pre-college level.
Are there other types of IELTS?
In general, there are only the two types of IELTS course (คอร์ส ieltswhich is the term in Thai) that we already mentioned. However, in the United Kingdom, there are other additional options, did you know? We tell you what they are:
- IELTS UKVI: To study and work in the United Kingdom, you will probably have to apply for a visa in which you show that you have a good command of English. In this case, the IELTS UKVI is your best option.
- IELTS Life Skills: It is a basic English proficiency certification exam; that is, it mainly assesses speaking and listening skills. Are you going to apply for an indefinite visa, or are you going to apply for citizenship in the United Kingdom? You must present IELTS Life Skills.