Adventure-seeking globetrotters will want to add a desert safari to their bucket lists. This is an experience that will make you think about life in a completely different way. A desert safari is a thrilling, once-in-a-lifetime adventure that is perfect for thrill-seekers and nature lovers alike.
From the moment you board the plane, you’ll be immersed in a whole new culture and on the edge of your seat for what’s next. As with any great adventure, there are preparations that should be made. Our easy tips will help you plan the perfect desert safari and prepare for all that this amazing experience has to offer.
Find TheBest Time To Go On ADesert Safari
The most important thing you can do when planning a desert safari is to find the best time of year to go. While most people would think that the hottest months would be the best time to go, it’s actually summertime in North America and Europe.
This means that most tourists will be traveling during the same season. If you want to avoid large crowds and get a more authentic experience, travel during winter in Africa or early spring.
Another factor to consider when planning your perfect desert safari is what type of accommodations you prefer. A hotel with all the amenities might not be your style and might offer little in terms of cultural immersion. If you want an authentic experience, make sure to book a safari with a camp where you can stay with locals and experience their way of life firsthand.
Booking Your Trip AndAccommodations
If you are planning to visit the desert for the first time, there are a few things to consider.
1) Book your trip and accommodations. You can book your transportation, hotels, tours, and flights online. There are many budget-friendly options available for all travelers.
2) Decide on what type of hotel you would like to stay in. Do you want to stay in a nice hotel that offers full amenities or do you prefer more of an eco-friendly vibe? Many hotels offer unique experiences that give guests the opportunity to participate in activities like camel riding, watching the sunset at dinner, or learning about ancient cultures with their expert guides.
3) Prepare your packing list. Make sure you pack clothing appropriate for warm days and cool nights — including layers! Remember to pack plenty of sunscreen and mosquito repellent as well as other necessities like travel adapters, cash, jewelry, water bottles, etc.
4) Consider getting travel insurance before booking your trip so you don’t have to worry about unexpected accidents or inconveniences while on vacation.
5) Make sure you visit an international airport at least two weeks before your flight date so that everything is organized and ready for departure!
What ToPack For ADesert Safari
A desert safari is a hot destination for travelers, but what should you pack for a desert safari?
Be sure to pack plenty of sunscreens, sunglasses, and a hat.
In addition to these must-haves, you’ll want to bring comfortable shoes that provide good ankle support. You’ll be doing a lot of trekking in the sand so it’s important to have footwear that will protect your feet from rocks and other harsh terrains.